Below is a notice from the Albemarle County Transportation Department. Please note that activity/athletics only drivers are accepted. Join the ACPS team and help carry the Mustangs to victory!
To ACPS Families and Staff,
We are currently experiencing a bus driver shortage that is impacting our level of service. We need your help to find high quality bus driving and transportation staff.
Albemarle County Public Schools Department of Transportation is holding a bus driver job fair this Saturday, March 4th, from 8 am to noon, behind Albemarle High School.
Points to Pitch:
– If you have a clean driving record, and you want to make a difference in students’ lives, but don’t yet have a Virginia commercial driver’s license, please apply today, as you’ll be paid to take the C.D.L. training.
– There are also immediate openings for qualified drivers that hold a valid Virginia Commercial Driver’s License.
– All school bus drivers are part time employees of Albemarle County, but receive the same medical and dental benefits as full time employees.
– This is the perfect job for anyone that is trying to balance child care with work. Drivers are allowed to have their children on the bus with them which avoids the cost of child care. Drivers average 6 hours work per school day, but 8 hour positions are also available.
– The starting salary ranges from $11.62 – $15.29 based on experience and other factors.
The Albemarle County Public Schools Department of Transportation invites you to put in your application at the bus driver job fair, March 4th, from 8 am to noon, behind Albemarle High School.
Call Today: 434-973-5716 or apply online at www.Albemarle.org.