Follow the Mustang Maniacs on Twitter @Mustang_Maniacs!
Monticello High School students help create one of the greatest atmospheres in the Jefferson District at our home athletics events. All Monticello students have the opportunity to share in the excitement by becoming a ‘Mustang Maniac’.
Purchase a student pass in the athletics office for $40, you get a pass good for admission to all regular season home athletic events (over $110 value) AND your 2016-2017 Mustang Maniacs shirt. Shirts are also available for students choosing not to purchase a student pass for $15 at the following link… http://rivannagearapparel.zoeysite.com/mhs-hs-mustangs-maniacs-2017-pocketed-long-sleeve-tee.
GUIDELINES FOR MUSTANG MANIACS STUDENT SECTION
Good sportsmanship is all about respect. Mustang Maniacs ARE encouraged to participate in the chosen theme for the game, cheer loud (in a positive manner) and encourage others to do the same, spread the word about upcoming events and encourage student attendance at games, and support the Mustangs in victory or defeat.
The following list is by no means “all inclusive,” but is provided to draw attention to behaviors sometimes witnessed at athletic contests. Please review this list to know what is not acceptable, disrespectful and/or dangerous.
- Taunting, singling out anyone and/or yelling personal remarks
- Making inappropriate gestures or sounds toward anyone
- Using profanity, racial, ethnic, or other slurs
- Throwing things onto the court/field or toward others
- Coming onto the court/field for any reason during the game
- Artificial noisemakers are not permitted at indoor events – this includes bells, whistles, thunder sticks, clappers, megaphones (except cheerleaders), horns, etc.
- All game-day themes must be approved by the Athletics office.
- Body paint and bare chests are not permitted at any indoor event. Face painting is acceptable.
- No one will be permitted on the court/field at the end of the game. “Rushing” the court/field shall be permitted only with specific direction and permission from the administration, and shall not happen until the handshake lines are complete and the opposing team has left the court/field.
When you sit in the student section, you are representing Monticello High School. Disciplinary consequences can translate to school discipline and/or future athletic events. The behaviors above will be addressed by athletic staff and/or school administrators and may be grounds for removal from the game.